Pitchforks (and hydrant wrenches) aloft!

Flower Power! We are neighbors who are interested in bringing some botanical beauty to the bike-lane
tree pits so we have persuaded the city to allow us to garden there unimpeded. Anyone is welcome to
join at any level of involvement. There are no dues and no formal meetings; Just a desire to keep
Chelsea tree-lined and flower-filled. Join us!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pick Your Pit

I am thrilled that so many people have expressed an interest in helping plant and maintain the tree pits. I haven't been paying attention to exactly who has staked out which pit but I know some people are planning on doubling up and others just want to pitch in occasionally where help might be needed.

I've set up a list (the link is to the right) so people can sign up for a spot and coordinate with others in terms of work and supplies. I don't want to get overly involved in who is doing what but it would be nice to match people with pits either on the avenues or the side streets. That way we can more evenly distribute our neighborhood beautification.

If anyone has a better idea on this or knows how to set up a more interactive list on this blog, either comment below or email me.

Anyway, once we get Parks Dept on board, I'll turn to that. Plenty of time before Spring planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment